Director, Product Management - Heat
With its head office located in Cambridge, Ontario, Dimplex North America Limited is the world leader in electric heating, offering a wide range of residential, commercial and industrial products. The company’s commitment to innovation has fostered outstanding product development and design excellence.
Dimplex North America Limited is a member of the Glen Dimplex Group of companies of Dublin, Ireland. The Glen Dimplex Group employs over 10,000 people worldwide with sales in excess of $3.0 billion.
This is your chance to be part of an exceptional group of people, working in an environment that is focused on satisfying employees and customers alike. If you thrive on change and positive growth, we’d love to have you join our team and help make Dimplex North America Limited the innovative leader of comfort, design and energy efficient solutions.
We are looking for an energetic leader to join our team as the Director, Product Management – Heat. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall strategic direction, leadership and delivery of technologically advanced, multi-product solutions that provide long-term value for our Company across interior space heating, ventilation, heat recovery and energy storage and management businesses.
You will be accountable for the management of product portfolios, proposing and driving successful new products and product solutions, understanding the various markets and the product price points within those markets. In addition, you will drive all aspects of Product Management and manage the execution of end-to-end programs and/or projects associated with the development and the launching of new products/services with a group of Product Managers as direct reports.
In this leadership role, you will work with Product Development, Marketing, Sales and the market at large. You are the ideal candidate if you will bring focus and precision to the details of the product requirements and design, while establishing a strong vision of how the products will be used and perceived in the market.
- Develop and lead a team of Product Managers that have responsibility for owning, managing, directing, and controlling product lines including delivering on all aspects of the business case to positively impact Company revenues, margins and profitability.
- Manage product line direction and product lifecycles through an ongoing assessment of current products, pricing, and position; systematically develop and evaluate opportunities for new products and/or enhancements; and identify new target markets and related strategies.
- Initiate measures for product cost containment and cost reduction (due diligence with Engineering and Operations).
- Track industry trends, product segment growth and market shares.
- Document concept for new products and/or enhancements to meet existing or anticipated market needs and present according to established product development processes.
- Initiate and prioritize projects within Engineering; plan, develop, and communicate strategy for product launch and initial forecast; and conduct continued product life cycle modeling and tracking.
- Participate with members of the Marketing Communications team in the development of all marketing collateral and with Commercial and Retail Sales teams on product launches and roll-outs.
- Connect with customers, prospects, and key stakeholders to clearly understand the market need for channel insights.
- Work closely with development teams to iteratively deliver product with quick time-to-market.
- Define pricing and packaging for the channel insights product.
- Manage entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Conduct market research, surveys and customer/prospect visits to understand and specify requirements for target markets.
- Analyze competitive offering in our market.
- Coordinate with internal experts and customers to shape the features delivered in the product.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on positioning, and go-to-market strategy.
- 7 - 10 years of product management or related experience.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with partners.
- Proven track record of building B2B products.
- Ability to coordinate people and activities across multiple functional areas with demonstrated.
- Strong capabilities in communicating and interfacing between Sales, Marketing and Engineering.
- Solid business acumen, management and marketing communication skills.
- The ability to travel internationally, as required.
Dimplex offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members and leaders include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Randi Butcher, HR Business Partner at email@example.com.