Sourcing Manager - Full Time
With its head office located in Cambridge, Ontario, Dimplex North America Limited is the world leader in electric heating, offering a wide range of residential, commercial and industrial products. The company’s commitment to innovation has fostered outstanding product development and design excellence.
Dimplex North America Limited is a member of the Glen Dimplex Group of companies of Dublin, Ireland. The Glen Dimplex Group employs over 8,500 people worldwide with sales in excess of $3.0 billion.
This is your chance to be part of an exceptional group of people, working in an environment that is focused on satisfying employees and customers alike. If you thrive on change and positive growth apply for a position with us today. Our company is growing and it is an exciting time. We’d love to have you join our team and help make Dimplex North America Limited the innovative leader of comfort, design and energy efficient solutions.
We are looking for an energetic Supply Chain & Management professional to join our team as the Sourcing Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for handling Dimplex North America’s end to end sourcing of goods and services, both domestically and globally. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of maximizing contribution to the bottom line, lowering organizational risk and providing excellent stakeholder support.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, worldwide sourcing strategy for our business focused on achieving the best possible delivery and cost structure for Dimplex.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the purchasing team as well as cross functional team members.
- Create and execute plans to right-size the supply base and eliminate complexity within the entire supply chain.
- Lead the annual supplier terms and price negotiation process, including researching and anticipating shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with suppliers for goods and services ensuring that the lowest total cost is realized. Contract management will include such items as discounts, payment terms, shipping terms, stocking agreements, quality parameters, service requirements, supply chain connections and other items deemed valuable to Dimplex.
- Develop and implement sourcing and purchasing policies and procedures to attain maximum efficiency and effectiveness throughout the organization.
- Develop and implement procurement performance and compliance metrics including on-time delivery, fill rate, lead time and quality performance.
- Support the Product Development and Engineering teams with new product development initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategies that meet or exceed the annual cost reduction targets as assigned by the leadership team.
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure.
- Perform cost / scenario analysis, as well as industry benchmarking.
- Ensure that all master data related to purchasing is maintained accurately within the organization’s ERP software.
- 5-8 years of related experience in a Sourcing Manager or Procurement Manager role.
- Post-secondary degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration.
- Professional accreditation such as CPP, CSCP considered to be an asset.
- Excellent reasoning and analytical skills with the ability to anticipate and define problems, collect data, establish facts, distinguish trends, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proactive attitude, takes initiative to prevent issues, and has a bias towards action.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to negotiate and sustain win-win relationships with suppliers.
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must be willing and able to travel Asia 2-3 times per year.
Dimplex North America Limited offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Randi Butcher, HR Business Partner at email@example.com by August 4, 2016.