Electrical Engineer – Heat Products
With its head office located in Cambridge, Ontario, Dimplex North America Limited is the world leader in electric heating, offering a wide range of residential, commercial and industrial products. The company’s commitment to innovation has fostered outstanding product development and design excellence.
Dimplex North America Limited is a member of the Glen Dimplex Group of companies of Dublin, Ireland. The Glen Dimplex Group employs over 10,000 people worldwide with sales in excess of $3.0 billion.
This is your chance to be part of an exceptional group of people, working in an environment that is focused on satisfying employees and customers alike. If you thrive on change and positive growth, we’d love to have you join our team and help make Dimplex North America Limited the innovative leader of comfort, design and energy efficient solutions.
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer – Heat Products to join our team! Reporting to the Director of Product Engineering, and working closely with our Product Management, Supply Chain, Affiliated Companies and international manufacturing partners, the Electrical Engineer – Heat Products will be responsible for the development of electrical circuits, printed circuit boards, testing of products and troubleshooting of the electrical components in our electrical heating products. This role will also work with our Test Engineer to set up test plans and conduct tests on our developments. A background in electrical engineering complemented with hands-on training working with electrical circuits and control boards is critical to success in this role.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, tech-savvy, has programming experience and experience in setting up control parameters and logic for our heating products, and is capable of working with and influencing customers and suppliers.
- Working closely with the Product Management team, actively participates in development of new electrical heating technologies.
- Creates drawings/schematics and other technical documentation for manufacturing purposes, to Dimplex standards and procedures that define our technologies.
- Interacts with international suppliers with respect to developments, sourcing, samples, tooling, project timing, design changes, testing, etc.
- Validates and verifies OEM schematics, designs and source codes.
- Locates and identifies resources to aid in the development of new technologies.
- Creates test plans for experimental development of new technologies.
- Completes timely analysis and response to quality issues identified by customer service; assists in the resolution of customer quality concerns.
- Manages field and returns testing. Works inside and outside the organization to ensure suitable testing is completed and records are accurate and complete.
- Operates and maintains an IS0 17025 regulated laboratory using Lean principles.
- Actively investigates and pursues opportunities to improve the scope and breadth of technical abilities for performance testing.
- Documents test results, samples, and procedures.
- Conducts product failure analysis; including analysis of internal failures and customer failures.
- Creates Gantt charts of project timing and takes responsibility for the project management of the engineering tasks.
- Identifies trends and initiates corrective and preventive actions.
- Develops and maintains systems to collect, consolidate and analyze data to support identification and reduction of costs.
- When required, assumes the role of Product Engineer and/or Test Engineer.
- Takes a disciplined approach to all Engineering work.
- Acts as an effective technical resource for the business.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in professional Engineering or related role.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or a related field.
- Embedded systems experience developing Firmware in C/C++, including Kernel/OS debugging.
- Proven experience with solving real-time embedded issues including threading, optimization, memory management, interrupt handling, etc.
- Knowledge of security protocols.
- Experience designing software APIs, managing make files and build environment and ARM processors.
- CAD experience to create drawings and schematics.
- Strong analysis capabilities, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience driving root cause analysis and preventive action implementation.
- A strong ability to organize, summarize, prioritize, and report information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter who is capable of working independently and facilitating actions from many internal and external agents.
- Good knowledge of product safety certification (CSA, UL, etc.) and associated product testing.
- Must be willing and able for international travel as required.
- Experience in App developments considered be an asset.
Dimplex offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including company paid group benefits and RRSP plans, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members and leaders include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.