HR Business Partner
With its head office located in Cambridge, Ontario, Dimplex North America Limited is the world leader in electric heating, offering a wide range of residential, commercial and industrial products. The company’s commitment to innovation has fostered outstanding product development and design excellence.
Dimplex North America Limited is a member of the Glen Dimplex Group of companies of Dublin, Ireland. The Glen Dimplex Group employs over 10,000 people worldwide with sales in excess of $3.0 billion.
This is your chance to be part of an exceptional group of people, working in an environment that is focused on satisfying employees and customers alike. If you thrive on change and positive growth, we’d love to have you join our team and help make Dimplex North America Limited the innovative leader of comfort, design and energy efficient solutions.
The Human Resources Business Partner, reporting directly to the Director, Human Resources, will work closely with managers and employees as a strategic business partner and trusted advisor to determine and address business needs through the analysis of requirements, utilization of best practices, formulation of recommendations and solutions, developing plans and monitoring results.
- Consult with our business partners to ensure human resources best practices are aligned with the company goals and vision
- Provide sound technical knowledge of human resources disciplines including employee relations, legislation, compensation and performance management
- Ensure legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions are in compliance (policies and procedures are aligned)
- Consult and provide guidance to managers and employees on human resources functions, issues and projects
- Lead and administer the performance management program to support employee development and performance to meet company objectives
- Reply to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs
- Assist and coach managers to acquire skills and knowledge for effectively handling and resolving employee issues and managing change; identify and anticipate issues and risks; manage possible actions to mitigate impact to the organization
- Deliver coaching, guidance and support relevant to the needs of the business in areas such as, but not limited to: Leadership Skills, Performance Management and Compensation policies
- Assist with leadership assessments and gap analysis tools and provide assistance with identification of development opportunities
- Provide recommendations for productivity and/or method improvements
- Responsible to manage STD/LTD/Workers Compensation claims and coordinate return to work programs
- Responsible for all benefits, pension and compensation education, communication and administration
- Ongoing annual analysis of benefits program to continue employee satisfaction and cost effectiveness
- Oversee the annual compensation review and ensure philosophy aligns with market competitive trends and internal consistency
- Manage the Rewards & Recognition and Service Awards programs
- Responsible for HR reporting and analysis; use data to trend and determine action items; review and analyze Employee Survey data as required
- Responsible for managing employee HRIS and all associated inputs and outputs
- Recruitment, Selection, Hiring, Onboarding
- Assist with resource planning
- Administer job description and job posting process
- Interviewing, developing best practices for managers, hiring qualified candidates, etc.
- Meet with all new hires and conduct HR orientation
- Policies & Process Improvements
- Ensure consistency of policy application throughout the organization
- Provide coaching/ guidance and respond to inquiries
- Identify areas for improvement throughout the organization
- Promote corporate initiatives through training and employee development
- University degree in Business, Industrial Relations and/or Human Resources with a minimum of five (5) years of solid hands-on working experience in a dynamic HR environment.
- CHRP/CHRL and/or equivalent designation preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution organization.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and independently with individuals at various levels is required.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are required.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable legislation.
- Proven dedication to internal/external customers’ needs
- Demonstrated focus on results and business/operational improvements
- Proven ability to set and achieve objectives
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Prior work experience in all fundamental areas
- Employee relations
- Recruitment & Selection
- Compensation & Benefits
- HR Law
- HR Accounting
- Performance Management Process, Budget Planning
- HR Reporting
Dimplex offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including company paid group benefits and RRSP plans, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members and leaders include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2017.