Human Resources Coordinator (1 Year Contract)
With its head office located in Cambridge, Ontario, Dimplex North America Limited is the world leader in electric heating, offering a wide range of residential, commercial and industrial products. The company’s commitment to innovation has fostered outstanding product development and design excellence.
Dimplex North America Limited is a member of the Glen Dimplex Group of companies of Dublin, Ireland. The Glen Dimplex Group employs over 8,500 people worldwide with sales in excess of $3.0 billion.
This is your chance to be part of an exceptional group of people, working in an environment that is focused on satisfying employees and customers alike. If you thrive on change and positive growth apply for a position with us today. Our company is growing and it is an exciting time. We’d love to have you join our team and help make Dimplex North America Limited the innovative leader of comfort, design and energy efficient solutions.
We are looking for an efficient Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to undertake a variety of HR administrative duties. This role will provide support to all functions within HR to varying degrees and will be a key part of an implementation team for a new HRIS tool.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities, and will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations. To succeed in this role, you should have strong multi-tasking skills and be familiar using HR software and tools.
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, turnover rates etc.) in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met
- Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, benefits etc.)
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, performing background checks, assisting in shortlisting, issuing employment contracts etc.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events etc.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars
- Perform orientations, onboarding and update records with new hires
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback
- Partner closely with the project team for the new HRIS tool
- Draft process and HR policies
- Support other functions as assigned
- 2-5 years of experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Postgraduate Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel and MS Powerpoint, in particular)
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems
- In-depth understanding of sourcing tools, like resume databases and online communities
- Familiarity with social media recruiting
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Skilled at multi-tasking
- Positive, personable and professional
Dimplex North America Limited offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 17.
Dimplex North America Limited is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.